Access Keys:

Skip main menu

Return to Social Work

If you're thinking about returning to social work, you're in the right place.

If you have previously been a HCPC registered social worker and wish to return to the profession, then you may need to undertake a return to practice programme. We're offering a 30 day programme which provides a platform to work with other professionals to update your skills and knowledge, so that you can return to work supported and with confidence.

Support we offer

We're offering free training to qualify you to re-register with HCPC in just 30 days, a personal development programme and access to career opportunities in the council.


  • Course fees to be paid
  • Additional financial support towards travel, childcare and book costs etc.
  • Theory and practice based training
  • Access to a mentor


For those interested in returning to social work, please express your interest below and we'll contact you as soon as possible to explain more.

How it works

You will need:

  • To have been out of the profession for a maximum of 5 years.

  • If you have not practised in the last 2 years since your last HCPC renewal and therefore cannot sign the declaration, and need a period of updating before you renew.

  • To have previously been a qualified social worker with a minimum of 2 years' experience.

  • To have the right to work in the UK.

Express your Interest

If you're interested in returning to a career in social work in Cumbria please leave your details below and we'll contact you.

*A copy of this email will be sent to the above address.

Please enter the code in the box below:


Any questions?

For further information and an informal discussion please contact:

Sonyia Curran - Workforce Professional Development Manager
07585 795330 /